Criminal Defense

Being charged with a criminal offense can be one of the most stressful times in a person’s life. Not only are you faced with the possibility of a criminal conviction and even jail time, but it can also impact your employment, family, ability to drive, and sometimes even your living arrangements. I am committed to ensuring your rights are protected throughout this process, that you are well informed about the status of your case and know what to expect when you go to court, and that you have a committed advocate on your side.


What is a DUI, DUII, and DWI, and what can I expect?

DUI, DUII, AND DWI all refer to the same charge of drunk driving. Oregon uses DUII, which stands for Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicants. DUII laws in Oregon are becoming increasingly strict and the punishments more severe. Motorists will fail a DUII breath test if their blood alcohol (BAC) reading is 0.08% or higher. This is why it is paramount to have an experienced Oregon DUII attorney on your side to defend your drunk driving case in Oregon.

Tricia Hahn represents clients charged with drunk driving in Ashland, Talent, Medford, Jacksonville, and throughout Southern Oregon. A drunk driving arrest can be very stressful and life-impacting. The Law Office of Tricia D. Hahn provides experience, determination, and professionalism in assisting our clients through this difficult process. From the initial court appearance and the DMV Hearing, through plea negotiations or trial, we are here to help you get through this tough situation. Please read our Client Testimonial page to hear from others who have been helped by the Law Office of Tricia D. Hahn.

Drivers License suspension

It is important to understand that if you are arrested and charged with Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicants (DUII), there will be two legal proceedings. One is the criminal case that takes place in circuit court, in which you face the possibility of a conviction and criminal sanctions including jail time and fines. The other is the administrative suspension of your license by the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). You may request a hearing to contest the suspension of your license, called an implied consent hearing. However, you only have a limited time with which to do so after your arrest, so it is important to act quickly. Working with an experienced DUII defense attorney will help you make the best decisions related to handling your situation.

duii diversion

Some people charged with a DUII as a first offense are given the option of participating in the DUII Diversion Program, which if successfully completed, means that at the end of the diversion program the criminal charge will be dismissed. If eligible for DUII Diversion, you will be required to complete a drug and alcohol evaluation and to comply with any recommended treatment. Entering into the DUII Diversion Program does not result in a suspension of your license by the court like a conviction would. However, you will still be subject to any suspension imposed by the DMV, and you will not be permitted to drive unless an ignition interlock device has been installed on any vehicle you drive.

hardship permit

If your license is suspended by the court or the Department of Licensing, you may be eligible for a Hardship Permit, which permits you to drive during specified times for specified purposes, such as to attend your treatment program, obtain medical treatment, or for employment.,



The Law Office of Tricia D. Hahn represents adults and juveniles charged with other criminal and traffic offenses involving the injury to others and to property. We also represent individuals with administrative matters such as restoring driving privileges and setting aside criminal convictions. We will advocate on your behalf throughout the criminal justice process and keep you informed about the status of your case. If you have a question about your rights or your options, feel free to give us a call.

Information on this website is general information and is not to be considered legal advice. It is important to discuss your specific situation with an attorney who can advise you accordingly.